August 1, 2016
Growing up, most people thought of me as boring and I don’t know that I have changed much. So I will share 10 things that might be fun to know.
1. On long car trips, I have to eat potato chips to keep from getting car sick.
2. Can’t stand the sight of cotton stuffing coming out car seats, couches. And seats.
3. I have over 5,000 ebooks on my computer, tablet, and phone, and another 4 or 5 hundred paper and hard cover books.
4. Ninety-eight per cent of the books I read are romance stories and they have to be HEA (Happily Ever After) for me to read.
5. My husband watches sports all the time, my four sons all played sports, and my grandson, who I raised, played sports. I have yet to develop an interest in sports.
6. My mother raised seven girls and one boy by herself.
7. I am a total patriot, proud to have been born in Texas and be an American of African descent.
8. I have been with my husband since October 1968.
9. I have been a fashion show and beauty pageant director.
10. I gone to the state fair every year since 1975 and just went again this year.
There are other things I could share, such as I don’t eat any cooked fruit, be it pies, cakes, or candies.
When I worked, I always decorated my cubicle for Christmas. I still decorate my home for Christmas and I love going all out to cook Thanksgiving Dinner. I don’t do as much for Christmas, New Year’s, or Easter, but I do cook.
Now that all my children are grown and my grandson is now an adult, I rarely cook except for the holidays I mentioned. As I told my husband and grandson, I cooked for years, it is now their turn and so far, no complaints. I would never tell them, but they are better cooks than I am.
Well, that’s it for now. Tomorrow I will share a funny story from my childhood.
Until then, take care. lw